The NSPCC are looking for 15 young people, aged 13-16 from across the UK to join their Young People’s Board for Change. The new Board will share their views and ideas with decision-makers like NSPCC trustees, staff and politicians. Members will get involved in fun projects, take part in residentials, meetings, and workshops to share what matters most to them.
The young people must be:
- Between 13 and 16 years old
- Committed to being a member of the Young People’s Board for Change for 2 years
- Want to change the lives of other children and young people that might be having a hard time
- Committed to attending all online and in-person sessions and other events
- Willing to share their ideas and opinions to the board to the best of their ability
- Prepared to listen to others and respect their views
This is a great opportunity for children and young people to influence our work. We are committed to offering support to young people to ensure that they play an active part in the work of the Board.
We want to encourage as many young people as possible to apply, so please share this with your networks. You can find a recruitment pack with an A5 flyer, information sheets, application form and parent/carer consent form on the NSPCC website.
Please note this application is also available in Welsh – Sylwer, mae’r pecyn cais yma hefyd ar gael yn Gymraeg.
The deadline for completed applications is 23rd January and interviews will be held in February or March. We will be happy to pay all reasonable expenses for travel and subsistence for successful board members.
Help spread the word:
- Nominate a young person that you know and support them to apply here
- Share on social media to spread the word with your networks #NSPCCBoardforChange
For more information about the board and an informal chat please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.