The Children and Young People’s Strategic Partnership oversees a number of Northern Ireland sub-groups established to take forward integrated planning on a Northern Ireland wide basis, including a Sub-Group on Black and Minority Ethnic Children and Young People.
Black & Minority Ethnic Children & Young People are defined as:
|‘Children and young persons aged up to 18 years who live in settled Black Minority Ethnic (BME) communities, Travellers, Roma, refugees, asylum seekers, migrant worker communities (including undocumented people), unaccompanied children and children of mixed parentage. The term ‘settled’ in the above context means communities which have been in Northern Ireland for some decades, in contrast to migrant worker communities, which are more recently established.’|
Nominated representatives from the statutory, voluntary, and community sectors who are concerned with improving the lives of BME children and young people make up this Sub Group. This Sub Group will plan what needs to change to address the rights and needs of BME children and young people and improve their outcomes, focussing on those issues that must be addressed at a Northern Ireland level.
The Sub Group will produce an action plan that will set out what it will do to ensure that the outcomes for BME children and young people are improved. The Sub Group will decide on a set of indicators which will be used to measure how well BME children and young people are doing in Northern Ireland over time. This will help the Sub Group know if its joint work is changing the lives of BME children and young people for the better.
The Sub Group has completed its work, with the Outcomes Groups now ensuring that outcomes for BME children and young people are addressed at local level as well as at Northern Ireland level.
- Parenting NI Summary of Themes BME Parents Reference Group
- CYPSP Parent Reference Groups Overall Summary of Themes
- Belong Closing Event – October 2015
- Belong Final Showcase Event Presentation – October 2015
- Cultural Integration Development Brochure 2015
- Oasis Profile Community Intercultural Programme – July 2015
- CYPSP Press Release – Ethnic Minority Support – June 2015
- BME Summary 21Oct14
- CYPSP Raising Awareness for Anti Bullying Week
- Consultation Feedback Leaflet – Thanks We Heard You – September 2013
- Consultation Report Proposed BME Action Plan with Parents attending BELONG Event April 2013
- Consultation Report on Action Plan Roma Parents and Asylum Seekers March 2013
- Consultation Report on Proposed Action Plan Regional BME Parents Ref Group Feb 2013
- Parenting NI Communication Re BME Parents Meeting 22Jun12
- Regional BME Parents Ref Group Report Feb 13
- BME Action Plan Consultation
- Parenting NI Report to CYPSP BME Subgroup
- Summary Report on Initial Engagement with BME Children and Young People
- CYPSP Regional Subgroup Leaflet
- Southern Area Action with Travellers (SAAT) Outcome Monitoring Report 2010-2011