The Getting Ready to Learn Project aims to support pre-school education settings with DE-funded places to encourage and develop parental involvement in children’s early learning to ensure maximum parental contribution at a crucial time in children’s early brain development.
Within Getting Ready to Learn, four key thematic approaches have been identified as particularly relevant to parents of pre-school children:
- Big Bedtime Read
- Education Works in Pre-school
- Happy Healthy Kids
- Ages & Stages, 3-4
Currently, over 350 pre-school settings are participating; holding workshops for parents to help them understand:
- how children develop, including attachment and brain development;
- the importance of parent-child relationships for the child’s development and behaviour;
- the importance of childhood education and learning; and
- the importance of healthy lifestyles and diet.
How to get involved?
All settings delivering the NI Pre-School Education Curriculum are eligible to participate. The next call for applications will open in March and close at the end of April 2017.
For further information please go to the following website: www.eani.org.uk/schools/getting-ready-to-learn or contact:
Nicola Mitchell, Research and Development Officer Programme Manager at:
Telephone: 028 90564047
Hilary McEvoy, Programme Manager at:
Telephone: 02890 564 047