Safer Internet Day 2024 takes places on 6th February with the theme of ‘Inspiring Change? Making a Difference, Managing Influence and Navigating Change Online’. The online world is a fast moving space with a host of new and emerging trends. For practitioners, parents and carers who have responsibility for children and young people, it is often hard to keep up as well as understand the impact of technology and where the risks might be.
This year, the Western and Northern Trust Digital Safeguarding Steering Groups have partnered up to host a range of masterclasses focusing on these online issues and concerns so that we help practitioners promote safe, responsible and positive use of digital technology for children, young people and their families.
Delivered by a range of experts from across the region and the UK, the workshops will explore:
- Technology assisted abuse
- Incels – what they are and how to support young people
- Online sexual abuse, sextortion and sexploitation
- Young people and pornography
- Supporting vulnerable young people online
- Key messages for practitioners so they can support and advise young people and their families
Full details including Eventbrite booking information are in the flyer below.
Please note for the Technology Assisted Abuse session, all HSC staff can register via LearnHSCNI (linked on brochure). For non HSC staff, please complete booking form below.
For more information about Safer Internet Day, click here