A collaborative Stronger Together Initiative for early intervention bilingual Mental Health Support that is being piloted in three areas across N.I:
- Dungannon (Portuguese / English)
- Ballymena/Ballymoney (Polish / English)
- Belfast (Chinese / English)
The project is available to support individuals in the minority ethnic community experiencing depression.
What will the project do?
- Provide Mental Health Services for example; counselling, training, direct group activities etc. These already exist. It will help increase access to them.
- Provide free interpreting to providers who have a responsibility to deliver their services to everyone regardless of linguistic capability. The Regional Interpreting Service exists. It will help support access to that service.
- It will help inform shared learning on how to meet that demand in the future by creating more effective and diverse pathways to existing services and more diversity in delivery of those services.
Click here to find out more about the project
Click here to download a copy of the referral form